Ticket Givewaway: Win two tickets to see Indecent for free. I loved this show, a fascinating backstage tale written by Paula Vogel and wondrously staged by Rebecca Taichman (who won a Tony for it) about a century-old Jewish drama called “The God of Vengeance.” That Yiddish play featured a scandalizing kiss between two women, which resulted in the Broadway cast being prosecuted for obscenity. Indecent explores a range of frighteningly relevant issues, and it is at times inexpressibly heartbreaking. But it is not only enlightening and moving; it is rousing entertainment; with so much dancing and singing and toe-tapping music you’re likely to remember it as a musical.
I was delighted Indecent was given a reprieve — the producers had announced it would end June 25 , but then decided to extend through August 6th.
And I’m even more delighted to offer a pair of tickets. To enter the contest for the tickets, just answer this question:
What is your favorite show that explores serious issues in an entertaining way?
Update: I am asking for you to talk about how a show is serious AND also entertaining. (Some of you have only been answering how it’s serious.)
- Please put your answer in the comments at the bottom of this blog post, because I will choose the winner at random, using Random.org, based on the order of your reply, not its content.
- But you must answer the question, complete with description, or your entry will not be approved for submission.
- This contest ends Wednesday July 19, 2017 at midnight Eastern Time, and I will make the drawing no later than noon the next day. You must respond within 12 hours or I will pick another winner.
The winner will get a voucher for two tickets to see Indecent between July 26 and July 29. (The voucher must be submitted by July 21st.)
Update: There are two winners, chosen at random on Random.org based on the order of their reply:
Erin Quill, number 12 in order of reply.
Mike Ming, number 45.
Discount codes for the rest of you, to save up to 35 percent on tickets through August 6, 2017, when Indecent ends on Broadway.
Balcony seats from $39
Mezzanine seats from $71
Select Orchestra seats at $89
1. ONLINE: Click Here or Visit TelechargeOffers.com & enter code: INLSP110
2. BY PHONE: Call 212-947-8844 & mention code: INLSP110